The ecoFin Sculpture has been created to raise awareness about plastic pollution.
Over 12 weeks, small businesses from Byron to Brisbane collected more than 13,000 plastic bottle lids which were then used to make the skin of the giant surfboard fin.
- 19 Participants (Cafes and shops)
- collected ca 13,000 lids just from milk bottles.
- started in September 2016, constantly growing the list of participants
- Locations: Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Ocean Shores, Brunswick Heads, Brisbane (See list below)
- 1 School from Northern Ireland (ca 2000 lids)
- Fortnightly/Weekly collections
#fromwastetostoke #ecoFinSculptureThe access_token provided is invalid.
Thanks to our amazing partners
- Barefoot Brew Room
- Beaches & Cream
- Cafe Byron
- Cafe Novella
- Leaf and Grain
- Santos Organics
- Treehouse on Belongil
Mullumbimby and Northern Rivers
- Backstage AAA, New Brighton
- Homegrown, Brunswick Heads
- Footbridge Cafe, Brusnwick Heads
- Jones and Co, Brunswick Heads
- Punch and Daisy, Mullumbimby
- Rock n Roll Coffee, Mullumbimby
- Santos Organics, Mullumbimby
- Scarecrows Kitchen, Mullumbimby
- Torakina, Brunswick Heads
- Yum Yum Tree Cafe
- Power Sation Co, Brisbane
- St. Theresa’s Primary School, Glebe, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland
- Red Ned’s Salvage and Secondhand Building Materials