The ecoFin Sculpture has been created
to raise awareness about plastic pollution.
Over 12 weeks, small businesses from Byron to Brisbane collected more than 13,000 plastic bottle lids which were then used to make the skin of the giant surfboard fin.
- 19 Participants (Cafes and shops)
- collected ca 13,000 lids just from milk bottles.
- started in September 2016, constantly growing the list of participants
- Locations: Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Ocean Shores, Brunswick Heads, Brisbane (See list below)
- 1 School from Northern Ireland (ca 2000 lids)
- Fortnightly/Weekly collections
Thanks to our amazing partners:
Mullumbimby and Northern Rivers